BEST AND PERFECT PIEROGI CASSEROLE
10-12 medium potatoes, peeled and mashed
2 bag(s) cheddar cheese, shredded; 8 oz each
2 1/2 stick butter or margarine
2 medium onions, diced
1 lb lasagna noodles, cooked
1. Cook noodles according to package.
2. Cut potatoes into equal chunks.
3. Add potatoes to boiling water and cook until tender.
4. While your potatoes are boiling, saute onions in butter until soft.
5. Mash your potatoes while hot.
6. Add in cheese and beat with mixer.
7. Add 1/3 of the onions/butter mixture to the potato mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Preheat oven at 350. Generously butter a 9×13” baking pan/dish. Place a layer of cooked noodles to cover bottom of pan.
9. Then a layer of potato mixture.
10. Repeat ending with noodles.
11. Spoon the rest of the butter and onion over top.
12. Cover with foil and place pan on a cookie sheet just in case the butter runs over the sides. Bake at 350 until heated through – approximately 30-40 min.
13. Optional: I take off foil after 30-40 minutes and sprinkle more cheese on top and place back in oven until cheese is melted.
From: just a pinch