BEST BUTTER DIP BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
Did the title of this recipe get your attention? Butter. Dip. Biscuits. Hello lover. I just love biscuits. Is there anyone out there who doesn’t enjoy biscuits? Bread, of any type, speaks to our most basic of necessities. Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits are the easiest homemade biscuits. No biscuit cutter needed! Thick, fluffy and buttery! Heavenly!
This is such an easy recipe. You don’t even have to roll out any dough or use biscuit cutters. And y’all know I’m all about easy during those busy weeknights.
DO I NEED A BISCUIT CUTTER?
No biscuit cutter needed! I’ve also slightly modified it since I’ve started making these. I started using buttermilk instead of milk and I doubled the ingredients so that they come out thicker. We absolutely love them. They come out so big and fluffy. Now, you can certainly cut this recipe in half if you’d like a smaller and thinner biscuit. But big and fluffy is how I roll.
- 1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl (or you can use the baking dish that you’ll be baking these in if it’s microwave-safe), melt stick of butter in the microwave.
- Put melted butter into an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the buttermilk. Stir until a loose dough forms. Batter will be a bit sticky.
- Pour biscuit dough into baking dish (right on top of the melted butter.) Some of the butter will run over the top of the dough, that’s perfectly okay …