BEST CHICKEN BACON RANCH CASSEROLE
There are times when we run out of options for making dinner. I get bored with what I usually make or at times I’m in no mood to experiment as well.
Those times call for this recipe of skinny chicken bacon ranch casserole. It is a straightforward and simple recipe. It is also possible that your pantry has the ingredients available at all times. With the ranch seasoning, milk and cheddar cheese, the sauce gets gets very creamy and rich. This is a comforting and delicious pasta recipe. Ensure you do not overcook the pasta and add enough salt while boiling the pasta. When it is baked, the pasta would tend to soak up most of the sauce. So it is important not to make the sauce too thick and season everything well to get the best out of it.
I like garnishing it with some chopped parsley in the end.
- 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces or strips
- 6 slices bacon, cooked (I used Applegate Farms Reduced Sodium Sunday Bacon)
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta, uncooked
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 green onions, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, then drain on paper towels. Chop bacon when cool enough to handle. Drain most of the bacon drippings from the pan, leaving about 1 tbsp. Return pan to medium hit heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add into the skillet with bacon drippings, and cook until no longer pink and becomes golden brown, about 4-6 minutes …