BEST GARLIC WHITE PIZZA WITH CHICKEN AND RICOTTA
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH ( THIS IS FOR 2 CRUSTS) OR USED STORE BOUGHT
4 1/2 c bread flour, or can use all purpose flour. i like the bread flour for crusts
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 Tbsp olive oil ( i used 1 to cut down on fat)
1 pkg (1/4 ounce) quick rise yeast
2 c warm water 110 – 115 f.
PIZZA INGREDIENTS ( FOR 1 PIZZA, DOUBLE FOR TWO)
2 – 3 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
basil, oregano, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper
3/4 c grated parmesan or romano cheese
2 c mozzarella or 4 cheese blend ( that’s what i used)
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces – seasoned and sauteed
1/2 c ricotta cheese, mixed with 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley, and salt and pepper ( this is optional) but is so good.
1. For the crust: In a bowl, measure 2 cups warm water ( not hot) 110 – 115 F. Dissolve the yeast in water and add the sugar. Set aside. I use my kitchenaid mixer with dough hook. If you don’t have, mix in a large bowl by hand. Put the flour, oil and salt in the bowl, attach dough hook, blend the flour, salt and oil; add the yeast water, mix until forms a ball.
2. Knead until smooth and elastic, add more flour if dough is sticky , this should not be dry but firm until a ball forms. Let rise in a large bowl covered with a wet towel.. until doubled in size in warm spot.. away from draft.
3. In a skillet, saute seasoned chicken in olive oil till cooked through. Set aside.
4. Mix ricotta with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, tablespoon parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Mince the garlic, add to the butter and oil. Microwave for about a minute; just until butter is melted and garlic starts releasing flavor. Set aside.
6. When the dough has risen. Cut in half unless halving the recipe. I make the full recipe and make 2 pizza’s. Grease round pizza pan or jelly roll pan. I used both, and I add corn meal for added crunchiness. Up to you …