DELICIOUS ITALIAN LEMON DROP COOKIES
Lemon drop cookies, iced Italian cookies or anginetti, whatever your family calls them you’ll be sure to find these traditional Italian cookies at many special occasions and holiday cookie trays.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs and lemon extract and beat well. Add flour mixture, mix well until smooth texture. (dough will be a bit sticky) If dough seems light colored, add a drop or 2 of yellow food coloring. Chill dough until firm …