EASY AND DELICIOUSLY CHERRY ROLLS
Serves: 10 slices
- 4 eggs
- 70 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 50 g flour
- 40 g cornflour
- 1 organic lemon
- 200 g low-fat quark cheese
- 200 g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 450 g cherry jam
- To make the sponge cake: Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat the eggs, 50 g sugar and salt with a hand mixer at the highest level for about 7-8 minutes (until creamy).
- Gently fold the flour and cornflour into the composition, using a rubber spatula.
- Add the cake batter on baking paper and spread thin with a palette. Bake in the preheated oven at 200 degrees C on the 2nd shelf from the bottom for about 6-8 minutes.
- Place a kitchen towel on the work surface and sprinkle evenly with the remaining sugar.
- Add the biscuit base on the cloth. Brush the baking paper with a little warm water.
- Pull the baking paper out. Roll the biscuit base using the cloth, and set aside.
- Rinse the lemon in hot water, wipe dry and finely grate the peel. Cut the lemon in half, squeeze out 1 half. In a bowl, add 2 tsp lemon juice, lemon zest, Quark, cream cheese and maple syrup …