EASY AND YUMMY PAD THAI
This Pad Thai recipe is super easy to make, you’ll never order it in a restaurant again! Add chicken, shrimp or tofu if you’d like to add a little protein, or serve as a side dish.
- 8 ounces dried, wide and flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 squirt Sriracha, about ⅛ teaspoon, optional
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, separated and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, light beaten, optional
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
Soak noodles according to package instructions. Drain. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add green onion whites and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with spatula until eggs are almost set (about 30 seconds). Transfer eggs to a plate. Add noodles, green onion greens, and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft, about 1 minute. Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently. Serve noodles with lime wedges, topped with cilantro and peanuts …