EASY CHEESY SAUSAGE PUFFS
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Sausage, browned and drained (I like the hot variety)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4.5 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (heaping)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional, but I love garlic!)
Melt the butter, and then place it in the refrigerator to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
Brown and drain the sausage, chopping it into small chunks; set aside.
In a medium to large size bowl, combine the melted and cooled butter, eggs, sour cream, salt and garlic. Whisk together.
Add the coconut flour (slightly more than 1/3 cup) and baking powder to the mixture and whisk until well combined.
Stir in the browned sausage and cheese.
Roll or drop batter into 1 inch balls onto your lined baking sheet. I make 35 and they fit perfectly (5 rows of 7). They only need to be about 1/2 inch apart …