EASY CHICKEN SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE
For some reason or other, this seems to be a favorite of the men in my family. We loved this casserole! It was easy to make with ingredients that one usually has on hand. Great way to use leftover chicken. I served it with a salad and a crusty roll.
Just Love it!
Cooking the spaghetti in the same liquid as the chicken infuses it with flavor, and the Cheddar thickens the sauce so it coats each piece of meat.
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
2 cups uncooked spaghetti noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces (about 7 ounces)
1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices celery
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed 30% reduced-sodium 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine broth, salt, pepper, and soup in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add soup mixture to chicken mixture, toss.
- Divide mixture evenly between 2 (8-inch) square or (2-quart) baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over each casserole …