EASY PAPRIKA CHICKEN LEGS
Paprika Chicken Legs – Resist the temptation of cooking the same thing over and over and make this Baked Garlic Paprika Chicken Legs. It’s packed with great flavors from garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, herbs and, of course, paprika. It’ll be a new family favorite easy dish!
The whole family would totally enjoy these baked Paprika Chicken Legs and it comes together quickly. If chicken is on your mind this week, put this one-pot low-carb meal on the menu.
All you need is a few pantry staple spices coupled with herbs on hand. For an added bonus, you can throw in some vegetables in the roasting pan and have a delicious one-pot meal ready in less than no time. How easy is that? You would have a complete meal that looks as impressive as it tastes.
WHAT IS PAPRIKA?
Paprika is a deep orange-red ground spice made from dried fruits of the larger and sweeter varieties of Capsicum annum called bell pepper or sweet peppers. It is commonly used as a garnish on soups, stews or appetizers, but its flavor is truly released when its is heated through. Paprika is also named as the fourth most consumed spiced in the world
IS PAPRIKA SPICY?
There’s not just one variety of paprika; thus its flavor could vary depending on where it’s from and the type of peppers used. Thus the flavors could range from sweet to mild to red hot.
Among of its popular variety are the plain paprika, Spanish paprika and Hungarian paprika. If you’re unsure on what suits you, you can start with the one that only says “paprika” on the label as it is neither sweet nor hot and is perfect as a garnish for eggs and the likes. Hungarian paprika on the other hand have some degree of rich, sweet red pepper flavor. Those you see usually in the grocery store marketed as the Hungarian sweet paprika is sweet and slightly pungent.
- 3 -3 ½ pound chicken drumsticks
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder (you may replace with salt)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, oregano)
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- Wash chicken legs dry, rub with salt , white pepper and bouillon powder and set aside
- In a small pan set over medium low heat, combine canola oil, minced garlic, fresh herbs, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper . Stir for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Let this mixture sit for a little bit about 5 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425° …