EASY & SPECIAL TUNA SALAD
This Tuna Salad Recipe is a winner! It is loaded with creamy avocado, crisp green apples and crunchy almonds. The combination of flavors and textures makes this completely irresistible!
This tuna salad is crisp and has some surprising ingredients that will make you say, “Mmmm!” There’s some serious chemistry going on in this salad. The apple somehow cancels out the onion so even those who don’t love onion will be won over with this tuna salad. Also, there’s avocado in it, which has a way of making everything extra creamy and wonderful.
This is hands down the best tuna salad I’ve tried. Fresh, loaded, and delicious; in an “I can’t stop eating it” kind of way.
HOW TO SERVE TUNA SALAD:
Serve between soft sliced bread as a tuna salad sandwich, with crackers as a dip, or make tuna melts: spread on 1 slice of fresh bread, top with mozzarella or cheddar cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
There’s some serious chemistry going on in this salad with the addition of apple and avocado. Serve as sandwiches, as a dip, or make tuna melts.
- 20 oz tuna in water (four, 5-oz cans), well drained.
- 1 medium onion 1 1/3 cup finely diced
- 1 medium granny smith apple seeded and diced
- 1 avocado diced (removing the skin and seed is implied)
- 1 cup real mayo or to taste
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice or to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts toasted
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Toast nuts on a dry skillet until golden. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- To drain tuna, I open the lid then press it down firmly over the tuna to drain off as much water as I can squeeze out. If your tuna is too wet, your salad will be wet …