Skip to content
GRANNY’S HEARTY POTATO SOUP
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 (32 oz.) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water, optional
- 5 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups half-and-half
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
To Find Out All The Yummy Ingredients And The Step By Step Directions To Follow for this Delicious recipes,Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button
- In a large stock pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy, then transfer to a separate, paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain all but 3 tablespoons bacon fat and return pot to heat. Add diced potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, then add onions and celery and sauté for 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, dried parsley and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth (and water, if thinner consistency is desired) and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch into 2 tablespoons water, then pour slurry into soup. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir in sour cream, cream cheese and half-and-half …