HERSHEY’S OLD FASHIONED RICH COCOA FUDGE
Cook time: 40 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 10
3 c sugar
2/3 c cocoa powder, unsweetened
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 c milk
1/4 c butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. 1. Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil; butter the foil.
2. 2.In a large heavy sauce pan stir in the sugar, cocoa powder and 1/8 tsp of salt. Mix well. Gently stir in milk with a big wooden spoon (make sure to use wooden spoon).
3. 3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
4. 4.Boil with out stirring, to 234 degrees F. on Candy thermometer (or until a tad of Syrup, when dropped in a glass of very cold water forms a very soft ball which flattens when removed from water.) The bulb of Candy thermometer should NOT rest on bottom of pan. This process should take 20 – 30 minutes. Keep rechecking until a soft ball forms in the cold water.
5. 5.Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla, DO NOT STIR.
6. 6. Cool at room temperature,to 110 degrees or lukewarm, this could take 2 hours or more. (Sweet ANTICIPATION) Do Not Stir …