OLD FASHIONED PANCAKES – BEST RECIPE
There is something very comforting about pancakes. My mom used to whip up some pancake batter as a part of our lazy Sunday brunches and it was served in the most simplest of ways with some maple syrup and powdered sugar. I grew up with these in our kitchen every Sunday morning, it was a family ritual to relax and spend a long time over pancake making.
This recipe is foolproof and gives a great result as the pancakes turn out fluffy and moist. The butteriness of the pancakes and the robust aroma that fills the kitchen makes me nostalgic every time.There’s nothing that should stop you from being creative with the accompaniments. I have tried combinations like peanut butter and bananas, nutella with strawberries and whipped cream. I think it’s the hearty preparations like these that make breakfast my favorite meal of the day. Try this recipe and it will become your favorite too !
This is a great recipe that I found in my Grandma’s recipe book.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat …