SPECIAL DELICIOUS SNICKERDOODLE POPPERS
My parents are both diabetic. And when the family gets together in our old house, it’s very difficult to think of something to buy or cook because there are very limited food ingredients to choose from that they are allowed to eat. What’s worse is, both of them will find the get together as an excuse to eat sweet things, which are now bad for their health.
The thing with parents is that they act like children sometimes. The more they know that something is bad for them, the more they’ll want it. That’s why when my brother and I come to visit, we always make sure to search the kitchen and remove all chocolates from the places where the parents hid them. They probably think they’re sneaky, but no. We’re doing it for them because we want them to take care of their health. This act is similar to what this blog owner did so as not to hurt her husband’s feelings.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk(room temperature)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (room temperature)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter (melted)vegetable oil (for frying)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 box of instant vanilla JELLO
- 4oz. white chocolate
- Combine ⅔ cup sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together milk, plain yogurt, sugar and melted butter. Stir in dry ingredients and mix just until combine.In a medium pot heat about 2” vegetable oil at 350 F.
- Roll out about ½ tablespoonfuls dough into ball with your hands (roll it gently) Place dough ball into oil and fry until golden brown ( flip the ball when it’s golden brown to cook evenly both sides). Work in small batches because you have to work fast …