SWEET CORN BREAD
- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
Position an oven rack in the center and heat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a small bowl, beat together the buttermilk and egg until they’re well blended …