SWEET MANDARIN ORANGE STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
This is a fresh summer-time salad that is inexpensive and easy to make. This salad can be made up the day before and is always a crowd pleaser.
I love this salad! It is very visually appealing and is a great mixture of sweet and tangy. The first time I made it, the sugar and almonds just made a gloppy lump in the pan. I added a bit of water, about a Tbs., and heated until the water boiled and evaporated. This created nice, crisp, sugar-coated almonds. I cool them on a plate that has a light coating of no-stick spray. This salad will become a standard in our home.
I made this salad exactly according to the recipe. It was light and refreshing. The combination of the hot sauce and sugared almonds was a great combination of flavors. I will definately make this again.
I have made this salad many times and always got rave reviews. I use pecans and add 1 tbsp of marg when I’m toasting the nuts. A delicious recipe!
This Strawberry Orange Spinach Salad with chicken is a delicious side dish or main meal to bring for any dinner party. Fresh fruit, nuts, cheese, and chicken on a bed of spinach and drizzled with homemade balsamic dressing is the perfect meal.
1 c chopped celerey
1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
2 sprig(s) chopped spring onions, including tops
1 bunch fresh spinach (ready to eat in a bag)
11 oz mandarin oranges, drained
1 c fresh sliced strawberries
1/4 c salad oil
2 Tbsp raspberry vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
1 pinch black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 c sliced almonds
1. Mix Celery, parsley & onions together and refrigerate.
2. Drain Mandarin oranges and put refrigerate. (You can keep some of the juice to add to the dressing also if you wish.)
3. Wash and dry strawberries. Slice and refrigerate.
4. DRESSING: Mix ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate. (The dressing will keep for several days.) Shake well before adding to salad.
5. GARNISH: To caramelize almonds, put sugar and almonds in a frying pan on medium heat and stir constantly until almonds are lightly browned. Place them on a piece of wax paper to cool …To Find Out All The Yummy Ingredients And The Step By Step Directions To Follow for this Delicious recipes,Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button