THE BEST APPLE FRITTER BREAD
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped to ½-inch dice
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1-¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon milk, divided
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Spray a 9-inch-by-5-inch loaf pan with pan spray. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
In another bowl, combine the diced apples with the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and stir to mix. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the granulated sugar. Beat the eggs in one at a time until completely mixed. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
Add the ½ cup of milk and mix until smooth …