THE BEST BAKED OMELET
Baked breakfasts like this are a great idea for when you want something hearty but don’t want a ton of cleanup. I love using a cast iron skillet, but you could even make this in a casserole dish. Whatever is your preference can work for this baked omelet recipe.
- 3 large eggs + three egg whites
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup cooked and cubed ham
- ¼ cup finely chopped peppers (I used yellow and orange)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sliced green onion for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Add the eggs, yogurt, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until blended and frothy.
- Spray a 10″ nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and turn the heat on medium-high.
- When the pan is hot, add the broccoli, onions, peppers and ham …