THE BEST HOMEMADE LEMON BREAD
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel zest from 1 lemon
- 4 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice (I used 1 medium lemon) 22 ml
- 2 1/4 cups flour 270 grams
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 7 1/2 grams
- 3/4 teaspoon salt 4 grams
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons sugar 276 grams
- 3/4 cup butter softened 170 grams
- 3 eggs (large)
- 3/4 cup milk I used 2%) 177 ml
Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius), grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 1 1/4 cups sugar, add the softened butter and with a pastry blender blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the lemon peel.
In a small bowl add eggs and beat lightly with a fork add milk and mix until combined, then pour this mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until flour is moistened.
In prepared loaf pan add the batter and bake for 1 – 1 1/4 hours (or until tooth pick comes out clean). Cool then move to a wire rack …