THE BEST HOMEMADE NAAN BREAD
This Homemade Naan Bread Is Soft, Chewy, And Simply Delicious. You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is To Make And Will Want It As A Side To Every Meal.
I love making homemade bread, and of course my whole family loves eating it. I’d had naan at restaurants before, and I don’t know why I waited this long to try it at home. This Naan Recipe is so simple, and so delicious!
Naan bread is traditionally served with Indian dishes like curry, but truth be told, I made it in the afternoon and my kids ate it for an after school snack. I scored some major mom points, because they were all thrilled when they walked in from the cold to find hot homemade bread waiting!
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2-3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (optional)
- Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl; let sit for five minutes or till bubbly. Add olive oil, yogurt, egg, salt and 2 cups of flour. Stir till smooth.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead a few times on a floured counter until smooth.
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat.
- Cut dough into eight pieces. On a floured surface, roll out each piece into a 6″ circle.
- Add a little oil or non-stick spray to the skillet. Cook each circle for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on the bottom. Flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes …