Skip to content
THE EASIEST CHICKEN CAKE
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup small diced red, yellow or orange bell pepper, but not green
- 1 cup small dice onions
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning such as Bells
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced fine
- ½ cup crushed Ritz crackers
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 shakes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying, divided
To Find Out All The Yummy Ingredients And The Step By Step Directions To Follow for this Delicious recipes,Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button
- Place breast meat and thigh meat in a food processor and process until the meat is ground down to about pea sized pieces. Try not to over process. Divide the mixture in half.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter and over medium heat, sauté peppers, onions, pepper flakes and poultry seasoning for four minutes. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add half of the ground chicken meat and stir and cook until cooked through, about three minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl place crackers, mayonnaise, parsley, salt, pepper Tabasco, bread crumbs, eggs and mustard. Mix to combine.
- Add raw chicken and cooled mixture from sauté pan and mix.
- Form the mixture into 18 balls and press to a disc shape and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator to firm up for at least 30 minutes
- Heat a large grill pan over medium heat and add half the oil and half the butter. Once melted, place half the chicken cakes into the pan. Fry for about 3-4 minutes per side …