TWICE BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
All I can say is that it was a huge hit with my guys at the dinner table. I made it a couple of weeks ago and they are already requesting it again.
The prep time seems like a lot but that is basically baking the potatoes and frying the bacon. This step can be done the day before.
TEST KITCHEN TIPS
Warm potatoes can be tough to cut, and they don’t hold their shape. Cool completely before cubing them.
This is a rich recipe worthy of special occasions, but you can shave a few calories by reducing the sour cream and cheese. Try 2 cups of sour cream and 3 cups total of shredded cheese.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 7 medium red potatoes – baked
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 c sour cream
- 2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3green onion, sliced
HOW TO MAKE TWICE BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
- Cut baked potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place half in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the salt,pepper and bacon.
- Top with half the sour cream and then the cheeses. Repeat layers …