EASY AND DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE POKE CAKE
This Chocolate Poke Cake is out of this world. SO chocolatey! So moist! Amazing. I dare you to try and keep your fork out of it.
Poke cakes have quickly become one of my favorite things to make when I’m looking for an easy but delicious cake. I love a beautiful layered cake, but sometimes easy ones are the way to go. And since poke cakes are defined by the holes that are poked into it and filled with flavor, there are so many possibilities.
It occurred to me that I didn’t have a single chocolate poke cake on the blog and that seemed criminal. Chocolate is a necessity in all things, so I went full out – chocolate all the way. In every bite.
I started with a devils food cake. I used a cake mix, but if you have a from scratch recipe you prefer, go for it. Sometimes boxes are a wonderful convenience. You could also use a regular chocolate mix, but the devils food makes this oh-so-chocolatey and I fully recommend it.
15.25 oz box Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on box
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Whipped Cream Topping
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
mini chocolate chips
1. Bake cake according to box directions in a 9×13 cake pan.
2. Once cake comes out of the oven, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
3. Place sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Whisk chocolate and milk until smooth, microwaving more, if needed to melt the chocolate.
5. Pour chocolate mixture over the cake and spread to fill in holes.
6. Set cake aside to cool, about an hour, then refrigerate until completely cooled.
7. To make whipped topping, whip heavy cream until it begins to thicken …