Easy Super Sloppy Joe Casserole
Recipe By: Theresa Harnar
“This is a great comfort food recipe that I love to make on a cold winter day. It is also a hit at our church’s potluck dinners.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and garlic in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Stir tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper into ground beef mixture; reduce heat and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook corn in the boiling water until cooked through, about 5 minutes; drain …