THE BEST BACON CHEESEBURGER MEATBALLS
I have never made a meatball before, ever. Mainly because I hate touching ground beef, it grosses me out. For me, the Secret Recipe Club, is all about growing and trying new things…So, when I was given Amy’s Cooking Adventures for this months assignment, I knew exactly which recipe to pick…Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
Not only was I brave enough to touch the meat, but I also took a new recipe to a Christmas celebration. The meatballs were easy to make and were a HUGE hit at the party! I put a spin on Amy’s original recipe by adding a catsup/brown sugar glaze. I may not eat beef, but I know how much everyone loves catsup.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pkg bacon, cooked till crispy and diced up
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- 2 egg
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup catsup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- *mashed potatoes to line baking dish optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil into a small skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onions and sauté until the onions begin to caramelize (10-15 minutes)’
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, bacon, onions and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix thoroughly, by hand, until the ingredients are combined …